[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Apr 28 09:40:20 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 09:35:37AM -0500, nimitz at ns1.nimitzbrood.com wrote:
> I'm stretching my boundaries here and I'm sure Bill will whack me with a
> Narn Bat Squad if I get out of line but unless it's _unusual_ this list
> is only for non-x86 hardware.

I've never specifically stated what "goes" and what "doesn't go" here - but
looking for a SmartStart CD or floppy would be best sent to the geeks list.

I'm not going to say "no x86 talk, ever" - but this really isn't the place
for it, unless you've saved some obscure 8-or-more-CPUs Intel-based monster
that won't exactly boot a Linux or XP CD. 8-)

Guys, if you don't like x86 hardware, there's no need to be assholes about
it - just simply remind the person in private mail that their question
would be better directed elsewhere.

Being frothing-at-the-mouth anti-x86 reactionaries will do nothing but
encourage current PC users to *not* look into other platforms, because
"man, people who use <platform> are so rude and unhelpful".

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas