[rescue] Compaq Proliant 8000

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Apr 28 09:36:33 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 06:51:57AM -0700, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
> > > Ok, for everything that I like about Bill and the appreciation that I
> > > have showed him, I must reply.
> > > How the fuck does getting a Compaq Proliant have anything to do with
> > > Sun Rescue?  Is there cross posting happening?

This list long ago turned into the "Rescue" list instead of "Sun rescue".

That being said, I would have to agree that x86 boxes dont' exactly
count as a "rescue".  Hell, we TOSSED about fifty PC carcasses a couple
of weeks ago here at work.

If you score a big, unique 8-or-more-CPUs x86 machine (Tandem, or
something obscure like that), sure, chat up - but otherwise it really
doesn't qualify as a "rescue".

Anybody care to draft up a "list charter" ?

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas