clueless GNOME bashing (was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 28 02:23:06 CDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I think WindowMaker raunchy-ugly, but on all other counts,

Well, you just don't share the NeXT-fetish that I do.  I run mine with
the "Cobalt" theme, though, and it's just beautiful, IMO:

  http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/cobalt/

To keep this on-topic, speaking of NeXT, does any one have experience in
resurrecting NeXTstations?  I can't get mine to break into the ROM
monitor.

> I wholeheartedly agree.  Even mwm is lighter-weight than this.

That's what so funny about all of this.  One of the biggest reasons for
GDK/GTK being what it is was that Motif was so heavy (and expensive).
Now, your typical GTK+ app dwarfs a full instance of CDE in terms of
memory footprint.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."