[rescue] Re: The Cave

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Apr 28 00:40:24 CDT 2004

Nadine Miller wrote:

> It's kind of cool in some respects--the thing I hated most
> about hanging out with people who were in IT was that it
> was so difficult to get people to talk about anything *other*
> than bitching about their jobs.

(responding to an old post, just catching up, i was in vegas this
weekend for a bachelor party)
This weekend i met a guy (and he's a techie, an engineer at motorola)
who had a very good method for dealing with this.  Anyone who started to
talk about work while at a social outing bought the next round and was
required to stop talking.  He said that it worked well for two things:
forgetting about work, and seperating friends from coworkers.  If they
couldn't hold a conversation without talking about work, then he knew
where he stood with them.

    -Dan Sikorski