[rescue] Cheapest Cray?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 27 13:17:33 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    That part of it is a Seymour Cray design.  Those wires are
> length-adjusted for signal skew,

That's absolutely a Seymour hallmark.  It'd be funny if he ever designed
a car, as it'd probably be a gigantic motor floating in fluorinert, a
pair of all-terrain treads, and nothing but a subway-style wrist loop
for the driver to hold onto.  Fast and loose at all costs. :)

> and they're normally locked up inside the chassis of the machine
> anyway.  Did you get a chance to see the backplane of my pdp11/70
> while you were here?

Either I didn't, or I did and those neurons didn't survive the next
fsck.  I suspect the latter.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."