CADR (was [rescue] Crays, etc._

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:57:47 CDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:43:24 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366
wrote:
> No, to figure out the microcode you just need a copy of the sources to
> the Lisp compiler for that machine.  The Lisp compiler generated the
> microcodes directly, then ran them, IIRC.

Really? I thought it was loaded up by the FEP (having watched the
process during an embarassing incident involving a crashed 3620 which
was the fileserver for what was supposedly the largest non-military
Symbolics site in the UK).

I know everyone prefers hardware but there's some interesting details at
:-

http://www.unlambda.com/lispm/

(The TI may not be a Symbolics but it's a start)