[rescue] Crays, etc.

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Apr 27 10:11:49 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:07:08PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> One of the reasons I want a Cray, apart from the "geek factor, I have a
> Cray at home, i win." is the fact that it's *different* and *unique*.
>
> So, I'm looking for something like an EL92/94, or even a Mac II with a
> MacIvory board to play with LiSP.  I want something that's strange,
> wonderful, and won't run an OS I can download as an ISO image. 8-)

There is a guy called Dave K. Schmidt (was still
dkschmidt at compuserve.com in 2001-2002ish).  He will (or would as of two
years ago) sell a MacIvory2 in machine for something like $800, or you
can supply the Mac to save a few hundred.

He also has (or at least had two years ago) UX-400s (VME Ivorys to go in
Suns) for $400ish (I think, this is just going from my recall from an
email from him 1-2 years ago).