[rescue] DVD Burner in an Ultra 10

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 09:51:17 CDT 2004

> When I looked into it last year, the consensus was to get a SCSI card
> just to drive the burner and a hard drive holding the data for the DVD.
>    We never got arund to it, though. :7)

Well, the only problem is that I have never heard of a SCSI DVD burner.
:)

I do indeed have a Symbios 53c875 card installed, and will be switching
to SCSI disks as soon as I procure a reasonably-priced disk.

I so wish that Solaris supported firewire storage.

Has anyone ever heard of an internal USB 2.0 device?  I noticed that
high speed support showed up recently in a USB driver patch on my Ultra
60.

Thanks!