[rescue] Crays, etc.

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Mon Apr 26 21:43:41 CDT 2004

  From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
>> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:
>>So, I'm looking for something like an EL92/94, or even a Mac II with a
>>MacIvory board to play with LiSP.
>

> I -really- want a MacIvory III.

I keep hoping to find a UX-1200 and a VME Sun-4 to run it in. Almost had
a UX-400 once, but it fell through. I still have a the OS CD I bought
from Symbolics at the time - even without a lispm, it's still
fascinating reading, say, a SCSI driver in lisp... ;'>

But any MacIvory would make me happy I'll admit. Or an XL-1201.

(All of this is made even more intense right now because I'm reading the
schematics for the CADR/LM-2 that I found at
http://bitsavers.org/pdf/mit/cadr/LM-2/symbolics_cadr_docs.pdf Lots of
tasty old time 74S TTL IC's that even my low level of knowledge can make
sense out of...)

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.