[rescue] Imac 400 DV Analog board

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 26 20:23:07 CDT 2004

On Apr 26, 2004, at 6:26 PM, Steve Hatle wrote:

> All,
>
> I've acquired a 400Mhz iMac DV that appears to need a new analog
> board. This
> is the "big" board that includes the flyback transformer, etc.
>
> I believe, though I can't yet confirm, that this board is the same for
> all
> slot-load iMacs 350Mhz and above.
>
> If anyone has an organ donor, or a line on that part before I peruse
> eBay,
> please drop me a line.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
> _

They are not the same across the model.  There are two versions.

P 661-2212 http://www.cloud9.net/~ajwdsp/661-2212.gif
P 661-2315 http://www.cloud9.net/~ajwdsp/661-2315.gif

NOTES:Exchange this board like-for-like. Identify this board by
locating theLG logo and the following part number P/N 6870T194A1x (x =
any number)at the top of the board. See the graphic for
details.IMPORTANT: There are two part numbers in service stock for the
power/analog/video boards in some of the slot loading iMac
configurations because there are two vendors manufacturing the boards.
Be sure to identify which board isin your iMac and order the correct
service part. This board should bedistinguished from the Rev. 2
Power/Analog/Video board (661-2315) which has a switch at SW901. Refer
to ""Identifying the Rev. 2 Power/Analog/Video board in the Take Apart
or the Exploded View chapters on ServiceSource for more
information.Apple may substitute the Rev. 2 power/analog/video board
(661-2315) to meet demand for orders. In those cases, make sure the
switch at SW 901 is set for the correct monitor in your computer.

Regards,
Andrew