[rescue] SGI, Origin 200, and speed?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 26 19:28:05 CDT 2004

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2004/04/26 Mon PM 09:10:16 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] SGI, Origin 200, and speed?
>
> On Apr 26, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Micah R L wrote:

> >  I also might try to bargain them down to their dual225MHz unit +
> > their single225MHz unit for 300$, local pickup, and then Craylink em
> > when I get another 225MHz proc in there. Good idea/bad idea? Price ok?
>
>    Good idea, decent price.  A lot of bang for the buck.  Go for it.

So, the SGI Origin 200 with dual R12000 270 MHz CPUs, 512 Meg RAM and a
couple HDs I've got sitting idle in my garage is a bad thing?

I think that is the config - Pete, did you ever get one of these? There was a
seller with several of them on Ebay several months ago, nad I got this 'cause
Pete said it was Good, and I had the spare $$$ at the time...