[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 26 17:40:33 CDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> MIPS/Irix,

Works great.

> HP/UX/PA-RISC,

Haven't tried it.  I can't stomach PH-UX.

> Tru64/VMS/Alpha,

I haven't tried it, but supposedly it works great.

> Itanium/Linux,

Is this a popular commercial platform for anyone besides SGI?

> PPC64/Linux/zOS

I don't know if the former works, but PPC64/zOS runs Java -very- well.

> and perhaps just maybe NetBSD.

I don't know about NetBSD, but OpenBSD's Java support is "getting
there".  It's a little flaky, but most lightweight stuff works just
fine.

> I still maintain that for the majority of the world, C is the wrong
> language.  A language that comes bundled with an appropriate assortment
> of data structures for the mediocre programmer is much better.

Medicore programmers should be serving me fries at McD's.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."