[rescue] Re: [geeks] FS: Odd Bits before I go off to TCF

Janet L. Campbell janet at foonly.com
Mon Apr 26 16:46:27 CDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Steve Hatle wrote:

> On 4/26/04 4:26 PM, "Phil Stracchino" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:12:52PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I came across some more stuff, most of it is B/O:
> >>  1x Really long Sun HD case (like 8" x 8" x 24") - Odd SCSI connector, IIRC
> >> B/O
> >
> > "Really long Sun HD case"?  Can you be a bit more specific?  Are you
> > talking about a 711 MultiPack?
> >

> Sounds more like the external SCSI enclosure to go with the 386i - room for
> a full-height 5 1/4" drive and a tape drive, and a DB50 3-row SCSI connector
> on the back...

AKA the "P-box".  They had one closed faceplate with (inadequate)
ventilation slits, and one open one (though it could be closed off with a
blocking plate).  The side panel came off with a really big flathead
screw, if I remember correctly.  They matched the 386i in design.  Cooling
was ok for the time but not great for modern hot drives, and I wouldn't
trust the cabling at high speeds.

I had a pair of CDC Imprimis 327's in mine, hooked to a 3/60 with a
fishbowl 19" ECL mono monitor.  Memories...

-Janet