[rescue] Cheapest Cray?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Apr 26 15:42:25 CDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Dave, what's the "cheapest, easiest, and smallest" Cray to obtain and
> run and muck about with at home?  EL98?

We need to convince Goodwill to DO SOMETHING with their EL92.  Turn it
into a community-supported UnicOS BBS or something.  It's a crime for
that machine to be sitting dormant for people to poke a.

> Also, we'd love to hear any Cray-related stories.

Well, there was this one time where two pudgy long-haired geeks were
trying to move a whole truck full of them in Florida... ;)

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."