[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 26 13:49:05 CDT 2004

I attended a (now) non-existant technical school (Airco Computer Learning Center), and studied mainframe programming there. My first job was in Operations at a large couple-dozen E3090/600 shop - paid well, was intersting work, and underwrote my last 12 months of college...

I'd recommend Operations to anyone interested in "Big Iron" - those shops nearly always prefer to hire from within, and may have good training/tuition reimbursement programs as well...

The path from human paper burster/tape librarian to console operator, to jr systems programmer is well-worn, and a good way to start. Now, of course, these are 24x7 shops, so shift work is the norm...