[rescue] CDRAX7-H2

Wes Will wwill at siu.edu
Mon Apr 26 12:29:21 CDT 2004

>CD Force network CD server,
All I have is one rack of CD's, not the entire server.  The question is,
can it be made to work as just another bunch of cd's on a SCSI chain,
without major mangling?   Or is it proprietary, and needs the whole thing
to work at all?  In either case, it will be useful to me, it will just cost
me 7 SCSI ID's on the B-channel of the motherboard SCSI controller, rather
than just the one if the LUN assignments would function.

>software, but I do have the original IDE boot disk sitting somewhere
>here since I didn't know if I'd ever need it. I may be able to take a
>disk image of the original boot disk if you need it, but I don't know if
>it's password protected, or even what OS it is as I wasn't kidding when

I don't know what good the boot disk might do, but it could have some sort
of clues inside.  I'll get back to you about that.

Looks as if it's time to just jump the fancy caching controller board out
and connect the drives to the SCSI chain directly.  Termination is working
properly, the disks are connected to a hot-swap backplane, shouldn't take
anything drastic to do it.

>Are you coming to Dayton for the
>Hamvention? If so, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

I wish I was coming to Dayton.... Haven't managed to make it yet, in all
the years of trying.  This year is no exception.  Too much work pending.
--
Wes Will

Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana. (G. Marx)