[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 26 12:00:48 CDT 2004

> From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
> Date: 2004/04/26 Mon PM 04:38:30 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox
>
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:26:37PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> > >I have to believe that the ranks of people skilled in taking care of
> > >mainframes and the plethora of minicomputers still used these days
> > >is dwindling with each passing year.
> >
> >   Nah.  Mainframes aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
>
> Anytime soon?  Nah.  But that doesn't mean that increasingly places have
> people who don't really know how to run them.

Well, I think there will always be a critical mass of "Mainframe-capable" IT professionals into the forseeable future. It's just a shame all those "Certified" programmers from the technical schools choose not to study Mainframes, and instead focused on PC Hardware/Network Manager training... We seem to have plenty of them around now... A damn shame.