[rescue] Re: The Cave

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Mon Apr 26 10:26:13 CDT 2004

> > JK Rowling, the wench that takes up too many seats in the cafes here in
> > Edinburgh.
>
> Wow - that's a strong reaction...

Well, if it is any consolation, I am happy that she made something of her
writing.

> > Her and arts students are the bane of my life when I need a coffee and a
> > seat and they are all there nursing the one cup for 8 hours.
>
> Well, at least something came of *her* efforts...

true.

> Wow - you must REALLY want a seat with your coffee...

Yes. I do.

A cafe is a place to meet people, and recharge. Not sit all day pretending
to philosophise about Kant, Goethe or whomever. The .ed.ac.uk philosophy
department is just round the corner...

S.

--
Steven Hill

Vos non victores, sed libevatores salutamus!