[rescue] Ultra 5/10 with OpenPROM Password

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Apr 25 00:38:15 CDT 2004

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Steve Sandau wrote:

> If this machine has Solaris on it and you can get root on it, I think
> the nvram command will let you set the secutiry mode to none. Doesn't
> that mean that no password is used then?

It means that the password is still set, but that you can reset it (and
do other OpenBoot hackery) without the nvram password.

Hmm.

I bet someone could make a custom boot CD (with the UltraSPARC-
bootable partition on slice a) just for such an occasion.  Merely put
your CD-ROM where it thinks the disc should be, boot, and run nvram.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Being on the Internet is not the same as being
Elgin, TX         (   famous.  That's like calling Cheetos 'dinner'."