[rescue] Aviion smoke check

D.A. Muran-de Assereto dmuran at tuad.org
Sun Apr 25 00:35:40 CDT 2004

Not noisy at all; it's got a nice, calming hum. Lots quieter than the Octane.

I put both CPU boards, the extra SCSI controller, and all the RAM in. Came up
beautifully. It has an extra board in it that was used to control a
serial->ether terminal server that supported up to 256 terminals; I think it
was that smashed up black box we left in the dumpster.

And no, no working NetBSD port. Looks like the only OS that it'll run is DG/UX.
Almost no documentation on the web unless you have an EMC support contract.
I've found bits and pieces scattered all over the place.

Dave

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:25:31 -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote