[rescue] Dead ipod

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 15:18:57 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/04/23 Fri PM 07:49:22 GMT
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Dead ipod

> Y'know, for all the rave and hysteria over them, after all the different
> problems I've heard with iPods and the limitations on what audio you can
> put on them, I think if anyone offered me a free iPod I'd run away
> screaming.

I *just* got my 40 Gig Refurbished iPod, and have a few issues with it, but not anything that can't be fixed I'm sure... Like the "gap" between songs (I'm sure there is a setting somewhere to eliminate that)...

I've not heard of any *serious* issues or limitations, the poor headphone jack issue seems minor (bad run of devices, not *all*), and the battery problem can be managed by getting AppleCare for $59 and considering it an investment in battery life preservation.

All my music is in MP3 format (160K), and it sounds fine to me. I don't have any reason to rip my music into anything else, so that isn't an issue (for me).

I'd be curious about the issues you've heard that would make you run away screaming from a free iPod...