ethernet and switches, was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Fri Apr 23 13:28:51 CDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:22:32PM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
> >I have gotten a sun running Solaris 8 to act as a router between an HME
> >and a SunFDDI card.  However, so far I'm getting slightly better than
> >10mbit speeds between the two subnets.
>
> What machines are communicating through the router?
>
> Do you get better performance between the same two machines
> on the same subnet?

A Octane w/ FastE and an SS20 w/ SunFDDI.  Connecting through a U1 with
HME and SunFDDI (although it occured to me today that I should double
check that the Octane isn't trying to talk to the U1s le port instead of
hme since the U1 has both hme and le connected to the local network).

Seeing as I have no HME for the SS20, I can't exactly try putting it on
the same physical subnet.  I think I can put it on the same logical subnet.