[rescue] Re: The Cave

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Fri Apr 23 10:43:00 CDT 2004

Peter Wargo wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2004, at 10:38 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> Don't you have to pay more property tax, now that the "garage" is now a
>> "house addition" ?  That's the way it is in texas.  I have a
>> fully-built-out
>> garage (wallboard, paneling, etc) but it still has the garage doors on it
>> for tax reasons.
>

> No, but I got nailed by the people who enforce our covenants - turns out
> we need to have at least a 1-car garage.  We're now working on adding
> one. :-)

Prohibiting the conversion of a garage is a common deed restriction
these days.  The solution of course is to buy/build your house
without HOA's or deed restrictions you don't like.  My subdivision is
from the 1950's so the deed restrictions are mostly no blacks,
no outhouses etc.  And NO HOA!!!  The house was built in 1990.

You won't find any new yuppie tract housing developments without
heinous restrictions, but who would choose to live there anyway.