ethernet and switches, was Re: [rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 22 20:49:41 CDT 2004

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 @ 17:23 -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke said:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > OK... but what is the proper solution there?
> >
> > I don't really see how ethernet could have survived without violating
> > it.
>
> I think you just answered your own question.  Long live FDDI!

I don't think FDDI is a panacae either.

I also don't think it ever had a chance against ethernet in the
marketplace.

Never forget the worse-is-better philosophy.

I don't think ethernet is near as bad as its opponents say it is.  Most
of them say it cannot do things it does daily.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["An Irishman is never drunk as long as he
can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth."]