The Cave (was: Re: [rescue] Current collections...)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Apr 22 16:34:02 CDT 2004

Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:51:35PM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> I've just signed the paperwork to rent a house, having barely been able
>> to keep a straight face when they said that electricity was included in
>> the rent.
> Dude! :) You lucky sod. :)

Well, the going rate for rents in the area is about #450/month, and I got
the place for #540, so I am effectively paying for the electricity. It also
includes council tax and water rates. Going on my last bills, having the
bills inclusive saves me about #95/month.

OTOH, the house is large, well-presented, and has no scrotes in the area.
And it's, oh, about a mile from the office, and possibly has line-of-sight
to the 3Mb/s wireless link on the roof there.

The landlord's going to get a rude surprise if he thinks I'm going to help
him with his Windows XP box though. Unless it involves handing him a Knoppix
CD and leaving him to it.

>> Now I just need to sneak the rack in while the landlord isn't looking.
> Want to colo my E3000?  :)

I've got power-guzzling Sun kit of my own, ta ;)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key