[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Apr 22 13:51:57 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 01:35:16PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Years ago a suit came to me complaining that our reporting software
> was broken.  He showed me two reports that had different answers in
> the summary.  I had to explain to him that during the day transactions
> occured every few seconds, so the answer would likely be different for
> every report if run on the current day.
>
> I also had to tell him that his queries were wrong, since he was only
> supposed to look at data from the last and smallest fiscal period, which
> for this company was bi-weekly.
>
> He had an MBA.

IMHO, the MBA is one of the most useless qualifications ever issues, and
the Harvard Business School's MBA program one of the single most
significant factors in the decline of American industry.  They basically
pump out drooling imbeciles indoctrinated with the idea that you don't
have to know jack shit about your company, your business, your market,
or your customers, just so long as you know how to run some hypothetical
"abstract company" on paper, and who believe utterly that the heart and
soul of all financial management and business planning is that nothing
matters except the bottom line in *this quarter's* balance sheet.

The MBA program is a mechanism by which the tail of Wall Street wags the
dog of industry.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :