[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 22 12:21:33 CDT 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Kevin Loch wrote:
>> This is an other point. Use proper tools for a speciffic task.
>> Somthing
>> like smalltalk for GUI applications, C for small non-GUI programms or
>> system software like an OS kernel.
>
> Or C for everything except simple scripts.  There is no application
> that
> shouldn't be written in plain old C.

   Sometimes other concerns may dictate the need for a rapid-development
language like Java, but those concerns are usually nontechnical in
nature.  In an ideal situation, however, I agree with your statement.
People who can't manage their own memory or handle pointers simply
shouldn't be trying to program computers.

         -Dave