[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Apr 21 23:52:23 CDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:11:55AM -0400, Kevin Loch wrote:
> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> > On Apr 21, 2004, at 5:01 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >   In the case of Mozilla, its entire user interface is built from
> > compiled-in, run-time-interpreted JavaScript.  It's like some kid
> > decided he wanted to show off how "clever" he was.  Fucking morons.
>
> We have the source to Gecko, so has anyone written a proper UI in
> good old fast C?

There was a project called Skipstone that was building a Gecko-based
browser with a GTK+ interface in C.  It seems to have been abandoned
about two years ago.

Galeon started out as a fast, lightweight Gecko-based browser.  Now it's
a Gecko-based browser that's whoring itself to every new "feature"
Gnome2 comes out with, that requires specific Mozilla versions installed
in order to run, is a royal BASTARD to compile, and has traded away all
its best features in a quest to become the official Gnome browser after
that place has already been taken by Epiphany.

 :  alaric at caerllewys.net|phil-stracchino at earthlink.net|phil at novylen.net  :