[rescue] small help please.

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Wed Apr 21 18:24:07 CDT 2004

> Still, I'd NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT recommend keeping a rooted box in
> production without erasing its discs and reloading the OS.

Ummm, I am so with you on this one!

previously r00ted boxes in production == very bad

How much do you value your data? Can you catch EVERY instance of the wee
bastard going through your box and pissing around? No!

Reinstall, and restore from known good backups. It is the Oonly way to be
sure.

Steve.

--
Steven Hill

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child,
I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
				- 1 Corinthians 13:11