[rescue] small help please.

Gary Nichols gary at linuxforce.org
Wed Apr 21 17:31:41 CDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, . wrote:
> > a root kit clobbered my su command.  i dont have access
> > to media right now. can some kind person please
> > email me a copy of solaris 9 sparc '/bin/su' 32 bit executable
> >
> > thanks
>
> great thanks.. saved an install..
>
> now time to figure out a nice way not to get rooted again.

Uh, you're still using that machine has a production machine?  Dude - take
that machine offline NOW, do a backup, reinstall and restore good data.
Use best practices.  Trying to save a r00ted machine is like trying to
make love to sigourney weaver after she has that alien baby growing in her
womb.  Tempting, but deadly.