[rescue] Pump the (MIDI) volume

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Apr 21 16:23:38 CDT 2004

I could use a simple MIDI editor as well for modifying ringtones.
There are a lot of great MIDI files out there, but a long lead-in
doesn't translate well for a ringtone because it goes to voicemail
before the song becomes recognizable.  I also like something that
starts quiet and gets louder, which I can do with a MIDI file that
does this by itself or a SHORT file since my phone can be set to
increase the volume each time it loops the song.

All the MIDI editors I have looked at leave me feeling like I'm trying
to fly the space shuttle.  I have no discernible musical talent,
and I admit it, so is there anything simple anyone recommends?

There plenty of free WAV editors that do this, but I don't want
to fill up my phone with bloated files.

Thanks!

-DanD

# He who shits on the road will meet flies on his return.  SOUTH AFRICAN SAYING