[rescue] HDS @workstation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 21 15:56:09 CDT 2004

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 @ 19:54 -0500, Patrick Finnegan said:

> > IMHO... that's justified.
>
> ???  Is there some sort of IP that they've got in this thing which could
> hurt them if they gave it away for free?  I can't think of any
> justifyable reason of charging money for *any* firmware.

Sorry, I mean that my copying their software is justified.

> > I've shelved my unit because I just couldn't see using it much,
> > though I plan on keeping it just in case it comes in handy.
> >
> > Of course, it is only 10Mbit ethernet, and 8-bit color.  I'd be better
> > off with a notebook PC with fast ethernet or better, and decent color
> > and performance.
>
> But this cost me $1.  I can't get a notebook with this much functionality
> for $10.

The cost of a unit able to do X terminal work is far lower than what I
lose by using something which can't really do the job.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]