[rescue] Mozilla Firefox

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 21 16:08:51 CDT 2004

Wed, 21 Apr 2004 @ 15:22 -0400, Dave McGuire said:

>   Yes, I tried it recently too.  I'm running v0.8, and it *screams*.
> I've tried it on a Sun Ultra60 (2x 360MHz/4MB, 768MB RAM), and a Sun
> E3500 (4x 400MHz/4MB, 1GB RAM) displaying to a SunRay.

There are some controls and other little features I really like in the
Mozilla series.  Mainly it lacks a few per-site controls.  Lot's of
nifty plugins though, some of which make up for the gaps.

I like Firefox OK, but it still doesn't really solve the general
problems of the browsers.

I also can't figure out why people think it is so fast.  It must be
because you guys are comparing it to older browsers.

Something I've noticed: with Firefox, killing the java_vm process
(because it eats 250MB on my system and slows it down), also kills
Firefox.

*DAMN* that is annoying.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Consulting wouldn't be what it is today
without Microsoft Windows" -- Chris Pinkham]