[rescue] Firmware and Hypersparcs

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 21 08:28:20 CDT 2004

> From: "Torquil MacCorkle, III" <torquil at chemist.com>
> Date: 2004/04/21 Wed AM 07:48:31 GMT
> To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: [rescue] Firmware and Hypersparcs
>
> I have a 150mhz Hypersparc I am trying to put in my SS10, it is loading up
> in NetBSD as 40MHz, with the 2.14 firmware, the hypersparc is *not*
> supported correct?  So an upgrade to 2.25 should fix my problem?  (I have to
> replace the ROM to do this right?)

As I understand it, you should upgrade to 2.25R to allow use of HyperSPARC CPUs, as well as accomodate 32 Meg DIMMs, not just 16 & 64 Meg... Based on what you have in your system & spares box, that may or may not be important/meaningful.

Also, are you sure the 40 MHz is not the SBUS or MBUS speed? are you sure it is the CPU speed?