[rescue] HDS @workstation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 20 18:54:43 CDT 2004

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 @ 20:41 -0500, Patrick Finnegan said:

> So, I got a Large Pile of these today to complement the one I had
> earlier.  I still am having trouble finding software, however.  What I
> need is called NetOS, should be version 2 or 3ish, and the boot file
> should have a name of v20.hds or v30.hds .  Let me know if anyone has
> this available.

I found it on some university's ftp site.

The company refused to give me a copy, offering instead to sell it to me
for several hundred $$$, even after I explained the HDS unit cost me $5.

IMHO... that's justified.

I've shelved my unit because I just couldn't see using it much,
though I plan on keeping it just in case it comes in handy.

Of course, it is only 10Mbit ethernet, and 8-bit color.  I'd be better
off with a notebook PC with fast ethernet or better, and decent color
and performance.

It would cost less than a legal (contractually speaking) copy of HDS
software.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The object of war is not to die for your
country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S.