[rescue] OT Taxes

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Apr 20 19:23:30 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 07:52:40PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 07:14:05PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Mon, 19 Apr 2004 @ 13:20 -0400, Kevin Loch said:
>
> However, I think when all is said and done, the fairest way (and the
> least subject to abuse) is just a flat percentage tax on all income
> above the minimum you need to live on, with absolutely NO LOOPHOLES OR

On further reflection, I would simply say that the current tax
structure is OK, except that ALL taxes due for the tax year (no
deductions) should be due in the same week as national elections are
held.

That is you would have to write out a check and file your taxes a few
days before voting.  I am sure it would concentrate the minds of both
voters and politicians wonderfully.

--Patrick