[rescue] PowerMac recommendations?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 20 14:15:23 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 01:40:42PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> Have you looked at stand alone DVD recorders?  You mention $500 for
> getting video into the computer, but there are now stand alone DVD
> recorders that cost less than $500.

Less than $300 - the Gateway DVD player is a rebadged Lite-On.

I own a Lite-On LVR-1001.  Its a dual-deck unit - one side is DVD
playing, the other side is VCD/SVCD recording.  It works GREAT for
getting stuff off my TiVo onto VCD/SVCD.  If I later need MPEG, I just
extract it off the VCD.  Whole thing cost about $140 at CompUSA.

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas