[rescue] OT Trump

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Mon Apr 19 12:08:53 CDT 2004

brooke wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>
> Too true. But, if the job is to get ratings, then he's a success. I
> haven't seen the show, but I'm sure it sucks like most of TV. Except, of
> course, for the programming that I enjoy ;-)

His job on the show is exactly that -- to get ratings.  I found the show
moderately entertaining.  I don't care for the contestents much, but
Trump is a trip.  It's also refreshing to see a "reality" show that
revolves around business decisions rather than basic human defects
(though business inevitably involves that too).  Despite the petty
manuvering by the contestents, at the end of the day it was who did
the better job, in an almost a Biblical Kane and Abel way.  I think
Trump did an excellent job sorting it all out.

Btw, Trump will probably never change his hair.  It's a cultural
icon with substantial intangible value.