[rescue] Re: The Aprentice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 18 22:27:17 CDT 2004

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2004/04/17 Sat PM 04:05:08 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Computerfests

> >> should be fired.
> >
> > Why? 27.6 million viewers and 34 percent of the 18-49 audience says
> > he's doing a pretty good job. I've never seen the show, but someone
> > finds it entertaining. Of course, if it's not in my TiVo season pass,
> > I don't see it.
>
>    Those very same viewers religiously watch things like American
> Gladiator and Jerry Springer while drooling on their shirts.  Do you
> really trust their judgement?

Well, I can't speak to American Gladiator (is that even still on?), or Jerry Springer, but I do/did watch the Apprentice - in part because I enjoy yelling at my TV,and in part to see the interesting characters on the show. Oddly, the least interesting episode I watched was when the final contestant won... It just didn't matter...

$250K year after putting up with all that on the show... But the pay is only guaranteed for one year...