[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware) -OT

InnfoGraphics at aol.com InnfoGraphics at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 12:55:15 CDT 2004

In a message dated 4/18/04 8:01:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lionel4287 at verizon.net writes:

>> What? How many corporations have kids in school?

Lots!  Government retraining paid for economic restructuring. Without that
more jobs would go overseas. In Oregon we have many education programs that
benefit corporations.

Not to mention good schools are necessary to attract and keep business.

>> How many corporations need public hospitals?

Most of them. Public hospitals treat industrial accidents.

Not to mention only the executives can afford to pay for medical treatment in
private hospitals. Most of their employees use public hospitals, often
because their medical benefits from corporations are insufficient.

>> Can a corporation collect welfare checks?

Big time. They do all the time. In much bigger sums than individual poor
people. Look at the current Pork bill before congress. I bet corporate welfare in
the Bush administration far outstrips how much individual poor people get.

>>What specific benefit does a corporation get directly, not through it's
employees?

The concept of corporation law is to give corporations rights that have
normally been reserved for individuals.

Corporations are not formed to benefits of the employee. In fact most of them
are formed to exploit employees and make large profits for a very small group
of people.

Paxton
Astoria, OR