[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Sun Apr 18 11:26:25 CDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > Wow, goodbye charitable contributions.  Your method will significantly
> > drop the budgets of organizations that do a lot of work helping
> > people.
>
>    Well, if the only reason they're doing it is for the tax break...

That's exactly why a lot of them do it.

I don't make donations for the tax break.  I decide what I can afford
to give, and I give it plus a little more because of the tax break.  If I
have to pay taxes on that, I'm going to split what I give between the
charitable organization and the IRS.  Sorry.

-DanD

# "Yield to temptation;  it may not pass your way again."  -Lazarus Long