[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 18 01:36:09 CDT 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 5:49 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
>> Speaking purely from an evolutional point-of-view, there are some
>> people
>> that society doesn't "need" to help.  Crackwhores with 8 kids don't
>> need
>> taxpayer funds.  They need their kids rescued by CPS.
>>
> That doesn't work.  The grand majority of them are that way because
> some deadbeat knocked them up and left them in the lurch.  They sure
> as hell need help making ends meet.  If that means taking their
> children fine... but why would you target the women in this case...
> it's not necessarily their fault ALL the time.  Why are they on
> crack... why are they selling their bodies?  They were denied the
> education to make the right choices and various other services because
> the greedy decided they didn't want to pay taxes.

   I have to take exception to this.  Even the dumbest, least educated
people I've met can figure out right from wrong.  If they're out
selling bush for crack, frankly, let them fucking rot.  Don't try to
blame it on someone else not spoon-feeding them "an education", as if
that would have been some sort of panacea.  These people KNOW what's
right...they just choose not to do it.  Let them fucking rot.

         -Dave