[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 17 20:43:48 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 07:10:34PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> That's why there should be no deductions, exemptions, or anything like
> that.  Everyone should pay based on what they consume, instead of what
> they earn.

I'm a big fan of a flat-rate percentage tax, not a "sliding scale".

I realized that yeah, I paid more in tax this year than I made at my
first real job.  I'm almost making in two weeks, what I made a *month*
five-six years ago.  and my "standard of living" isn't really even
higher! [0] [1]

Bill

[0] well, i did buy that 51" TV in September, and the dual-cpu G4 with
    my $JOB-1 severance check in December '02.. but it was my first ever
    brand-new, off-the-shelf computer..
[1] well, i got married too.  that should explain some of it..

--
bill bradford
austin texas