[rescue] wanted: 1U or 2U x86 box

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 17 20:41:18 CDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:37:09PM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> New Dell 1U servers are well, WELL under $1K now - see:
> http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/rack_optimized?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
> $699 for IDE-based PowerEdge 650, $799 for SATA-based PowerEdge 750 - both w/ 2 GHz Celeron, 256 Meg RAM & 40 Gig HD, w/3 years support and free shipping...

That's if you have $699.  As it is, my current bank account was lower than
I thought it was, and I may end up having to "make do" for this project with
a couple of Micro-ATX motherboards, pile of slot-1 CPUs, memory, and
network cards I've got, if I can find cheap or free ATX cases and power
supplies..

Bill

--
bill bradford