[rescue] sort-of rescue: 2 Dell PowerEdge 1300s (SMP question)

Geoff Koehler koehler at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 17 11:15:44 CDT 2004

Hi All,

Well, YMMV, but I have an old (really old) digital 2x166 MHz p5 with a
5 disk raid running solaris 9 as my backup server.  I ended up putting
solaris on it because it was the only OS that supported the (limited)
MP and the mylex raid card.   So far, Ive had no problems with it at
all - its been slow (what do you expect) but rock-solid.  SMP seems to
be supported right out of the box, no trouble.
Cheers,
	Geoff

Geoff Koehler
Saskatoon, SK, Canada.