[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

ed at the7thbeer.com ed at the7thbeer.com
Sat Apr 17 08:44:41 CDT 2004

> > My goal is to eventually put it back into use as a FW1-NG HA cluster
> > when
> > I can afford the extra $75/month to run it.
>
>    $75/mo??  Dude, how much does power cost there?

Too much.  Plus its a major power hog of a system.

In 2000 we had rolling blackouts from "lack of capacity".   It's coming to
light now that the lack of capacity was bastard producers shutting *down*
capacity during peak demand to create an artificial shortage.  The
basically bankrupted the state's utility and made sure all the ratepayers
took it without any lube. :(

-ed