[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 17 00:18:21 CDT 2004

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 @ 17:08 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> You might violate certain regs by asking if they want to buy
> something over the radio.

HAMs have been doing that at these shows since I was a kid, and I don't
remember any of them getting in trouble over it.

As I recall, a lot of the guys use really low power inside.

I used to like the Hamfests at Virginia Beacn Pavillion, but now they've
devolved into Windows white-boxes, and commercial radio booths.

It used to be great fun.  Some of the coolest computers and radio setups
I've ever seen I saw in a Hamfest.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than
the sage amongst his books For to you kingdoms and their armies are mighty