[rescue] Computerfests

Nadine Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sat Apr 17 00:18:15 CDT 2004

Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:14 PM, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
>
>>>    It has nothing to do with being single.  It has everything to do with
>>> having the balls to stand up to someone when they try to erase the
>>> parts of who you are that they don't happen to like.
>>>
>>>    Relationships are all about compromise.  Compromise does not mean
>>> "delete big parts of your life".
>>

>> Good point, so many people (some even on this list, without naming any
>> names) seem so outright miserable in their marriages.  What is the
>> appeal?
>> Must be the tax breaks. ;)
>

>   Oh I wasn't knocking marriages...I'd *love* to get married.  I'm just
> not going to marry one of those "get all this computer junk out of
> here!" gestapo robo-wives.  That's just plain silly.  If someone pulls
> that shit on me, they're out the door.  I am who I am...love me for
> that, ALL of that, or get the fuck out of my life.

You know they are remaking _The Stepford Wives_, right[0]?  Seems
appropriate given the demanding yuppie 2.5 SUV driving big haired
"women" I see driving around all the time.  Of course, the irony
is that what's missing from that movie is the equally
cookie-cutter tan chino/light blue oxford+tie 'corporate man' aka
CYA/don't let any better ideas from anyone else out-shine you
robo-idiot "men".

I'd make a reference here to "The Apprentice", but I can decide
whether to be funny or serious.  I have to admit, I think it'd be
amusing to have on my resume, "Fired by Donald Trump". :-)

=Nadine=

[0] <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0327162/>