[rescue] Computerfests (was: first real server hardware)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Apr 16 23:39:00 CDT 2004

On Apr 16, 2004, at 8:13 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> Her take on it "If you liked it enough to buy it, why don't you do
>> something fun with it?"
>
> I keep nagging myself over that and causing myself much grief.  I
> suppose if I sold some of the machines that are just sitting around,
> that'd solve that problem.

   I don't want to hear it.  I have fucking _CRAY SUPERCOMPUTERS_ here
that I haven't touched in eons.

   I need need NEED to get out of this "busy busy busy" mode in which
EVERY MOMENT OF THE DAY is spent making just barely enough money to
keep myself fed.  Life is not supposed to be this way, even if it is
"the norm" in this fucked-up society.

         -Dave