[rescue] first real server hardware

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 16 16:12:56 CDT 2004

> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
> Date: 2004/04/16 Fri PM 08:51:53 GMT
> To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] first real server hardware

>    About 3 hours' drive, and not a difficult one.  I grew
> up about a ten minute walk from where TCF is held. :)  I
> went there every year from about 1984 'til it turned into
> a Taiwanese PC festival.  I'd still love to go, I'd just
> have to tune out the PeeCee noise.

Dave,

It's gotten better since it left MCCC campus...

It is maybe 66% PeeCee, 34% Other (seen folks selling Macs, SGIs, DECs, HPs, Suns, odd electronic bits, etc.).

Always bargains, typically stuff that makes no sense in an Ebay-context (too heavy to ship, or something you just have to see to purchase)...

It beats any local Hamfest for computer stuff, at least any I've been to, bt I've not been to "Dayton" or "Timmonium".

Oh, and beware the TCF curse - weather will be extreme, either extremely cold, extremely hot, or extremely wet - one year I saw (swear to $DEITY) horizontal rain! ;^)